Magnetic snaps are easy to apply, they are strong and they give your bag a professional look. You don’t need any tool to apply them.Apply before sewing the lining and outer together.
Magnetic snap comprise of 4 parts: :
1. Mark the area where you want place the snap.
2. Make two slits into your markings.
Push the prongs from the right side of your fabric to the left side.
3. Slip one of the thin metal discs over the prongs on the wrong side of the snap.
I Add a square of thin cotton bathing for reinforcement. you can also apply Fusible Interfacing before making the cuts.
4. Push the prongs down flat (away from each other) with your thumb or against the edge of the table.
5. Lay the other side of the lining on the first one, right sides facing each other and mark the place of the magnetic snap exactly above the one you just inserted.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 4.
Now you can assemble the bag.